Who Is Up With Trees:
We are a Tulsa-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to beautify greater Tulsa by planting trees and create urban forestry awareness through education. Over 43 years, we have planted more than 32,000 trees along streets, parks and trails, schools, and neighborhoods. We currently maintain 20,000+ trees throughout greater Tulsa and educate approx. 3,700 people per year on the importance of our growing urban forest.
Who are we really:
Every day, we work to grow a thriving and colorful urban forest across Tulsa County. This work takes persistence, grit, and enduring positivity. Although the work is challenging, the benefit of the work we do is consistently apparent. Trees clean the environment, unify neighbors, and feed communities. The Up With Trees team is made of people who are driven, service-oriented, fun, passionate, and dependable. We strive to always be progressing as individuals and team members, to create the largest impact possible in partnership with our fellow community members.
OPERATIONS CREW MEMBER
Are you our newest team member?
Up With Trees needs an Operations Crew Member that thrives when collaborating on a team and enjoys challenging work outdoors. This individual is self-motivated, excited to learn the trade of arboriculture, and is invested in the success of their peers. Our Operations Crew Members are passionate, hard-working individuals that take pride in every service we provide. From October through March, our Operations Crew is primarily planting trees; and, from April through September they are maintaining trees. With year round work outdoors, both planting and maintaining may be in unforgiving weather conditions - but, hey, this is Oklahoma! Each day can present new challenges as we operate across more than 800 sites in the greater Tulsa area. We persist in this work so that we can return to these once barren patches of landscape in a year/5 years/30 years, and tangibly see the impact these trees have on our community. Our crew members invest their time, sweat, and energy into every patch of land we touch and community we serve. Not only are our crew members incredibly tenacious and hard working, but we train our crew members to be knowledgeable leaders in this industry and experts in our trade. Up With Trees is proud to guide each Operations Crew member in their journey to achieving or maintaining an ISA arborist certification.
The people of Up With Trees (be it staff, volunteers, or donors) help make Tulsa a healthier and more beautiful community. When you join our team, it’s because you share an unrelenting desire to improve the lives in this community: those that you plant trees beside, sit across a desk from, or may never meet.
This is a full-time position. May require some nights and weekend work.
This position works Tuesday - Saturday, 6:45am - 2:45pm
Reports to: Operations Manager
To Apply For The Operations Crew Position:
Click here for application.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to call (918) 610 - 8733 with questions.
- Plants trees following Up With Trees’ proven process and high standard
- Maintain trees by precisely mowing around berms, weed-eating and chemical spraying, structural and corrective pruning, general site cleanup, and more
- Maintain and wear all personal protective equipment
- Organize and maintain a clean equipment and workshop facility
- Consistently and responsibly transport & utilize all tools while in the field
- Operates and maintains heavy machinery and equipment such as a stump grinder, Skid Steer, Chip truck, Trucks with standard transmission, Chainsaw, Mowers, and more
- Welcome, guide, and serve all volunteers, sponsors, and peers
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or Director of Operations
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people with varying backgrounds, interests, and opinions to build effective teams in a nonprofit environment
- Position also requires a high level of energy, motivation, creativity, persistence and a positive attitude
- Consistently safety-minded and prepared as documented in Up With Trees’ safety procedures
- Ability to professionally interact with a diverse group of people with varying backgrounds, interests, and opinions to build an effective team
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Clean driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening